How to Write So People Want to Buy
Mar 10, 2016
Let me break this to you gently: people don’t care about what you do…until they understand how what you do can help them solve a problem they find themselves in or reach a goal that they really want to achieve.
Obviously, to clearly communicate the benefits of your service, you must have an ideal client and know what they struggle with and what they long for…otherwise, how could you know how your service could benefit them?
You will use compelling benefits to attract your ideal clients in many places throughout your business:
- on your program/work with me page on your website
- on your about page
- in your marketing message
- during sales conversations
- in talks and presentations
Assuming that you know your ideal client, let’s blaze forward with how to write compelling benefits (if you’re still trying to figure out who your ideal client is, reach out to me…I can support you with that).
HOW TO WRITE COMPELLING BENEFITS:
1. Begin with a verb - you’ll want to begin each benefit with a verb, an action word that describes what gets to happen for your potential client when they work with you.
2. Then state your ideal clients’ challenge and/or desire.
3. Finally, you could briefly mention how you will help them overcome their challenge or achieve their desire. *Note that this step is not always necessary, but sometimes it can be appropriate.
Examples are always helpful!
Below is a list of benefit starters (verbs). I have built out some of the list to show you examples of steps #2 and #3 above.
- Discover exactly what has been standing in your way of attracting the love of your life.
- Learn the secret to attracting new clients and money into your business any time you wish through my proven 3-step system.
- Reduce symptoms of PMS, weight gain and fatigue so you can stop scheduling your life around your period.
- Abolish feelings of anxiety and fear so you can be seen as confident and credible when you speak from stage.
- Build an empowered relationship with food so you never have to diet again.
- Strengthen your public speaking skills so you can have the impact you want in any interaction.
- Boost your immune system so you stop having to miss so many days at work.
- Design a clear and compelling marketing message that helps you become irresistible to your ideal clients, through my 5-step marketing message formula.
- Knock out
- Master your personal presence so you become magnetic to your ideal clients.
- Reveal the top three reasons why you keep gaining weight.
- Eradicate anxiety so you can feel peaceful and confident as you go about your day.
- Develop your brand voice, including specific words and phrases, so when you speak and write you are recognizable and memorable.
If you want potential clients to feel compelled to work with you, you must stop talking about your methods, tools and services, and instead, start talking about how implementing what you teach will result in specific, desirable benefits to your listener or reader!
Take the FREE quiz!
Discover Your Brand Personality...
Use the power of timeless archetypes to unleash your brand's core strengths.